Monday, May 16, 2016

Online Gaming - MMOs

Recently, I've been remembering my childhood days when I was always searching for a new MMO game to play, specially 3D virtual world type games.  I loved the idea of having my own cool looking character, it always somewhat resembled myself, or what I would want to look like in the future. I started with 2D games and played game like Barbie Girls, Supersecret (I STILL MISS THAT GAME!), Fantage, Ourworld, Zwinky Cuties, actual Zwinky, and more that I just can't remember. I actually paid for all those games, I got premium memberships for all of them and I don't regret ANYTHING. I then moved on to 3D games when I got a slightly better computer and got tired of a 2D character. Toontown was my first MMORPG, although I didn't use the RPG part when I was younger. I still play Toontown often, they closed the Disney game but its reopened and run by a new team, >ToonTownRewritten< check it out! Anyway, I tried out Second Life, which was fun because it had a lot of cool looking worlds. The avatars don't look that great, though. I played Kaneva for a while, I liked going to clubs and playing the cool DDR-like dance game and talking to people. No one uses that game anymore, unfortunatley. There.com was really my favorite when i was around 10. I think you have to pay to play the game now, which sucks. Frenzoo was a favorite of mine until they closed out of the blue one day. IMVU is very similar to Frenzoo, they are both just 3D chat engines but IMVU is actually open. I then realized that I was not looking for a virtual world, but a MMORPG. I noticed that in MMOs I usually played the mini games they offered, and didn't really talk all too much. I started actually doing quests in Toontown and became a dedicated TTR player when the game opened back up. It wasn't until I started watching anime that I discovered my newfound love -- MMORPGs. It is an online chat engine, and you can have your own cool character, AND you play a cool fun game that feels way more productive than farming an arcade game for a new outfit for your avatar. Its just amazing. I watched SAO and many other action/fighting anime that triggered me to play MMORPGs. My first console MMORPG was Onigiri, which was actually pretty recently. I started playing in August, and all I kept saying while playing was "This is just like SAO!" this was before I played FFXIV. When I wasn't at home but I had my laptop, I played La Tale with my boyfriend, which is a 2D MMORPG and it was really fun. Once I got to level 73 on Onigiri I quit and decided to continue my search. I brought FFXIV and was amazed, I will never go back to Onigiri after experiencing that. It is such a big community, and it is a huge world that if I were stuck in it like in SAO, I would be good. I would love to be stuck  in Eorzea. Recently, and I mean last night, I downloaded a game called Neverwinter, recommended by Loot Crate. It is really cool so far and I am really excited to continue playing. I love swords, but I usually go for bow and arrow.
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment